Post Divorce Modifications

Plainfield Post Divorce Modifications Attorneys

Post Divorce Modifications Lawyers Serving Kendall County

Divorce settlements and judgments are intended to provide lasting solutions to divorce-related issues, but the law recognizes that family and financial circumstances can change over time. With significant changes, modifications to the terms of a divorce may be necessary. At the divorce law firm of Goostree Law Group, we are experienced in handling all types of post divorce modifications. Our attorneys strongly advocate for our clients’ needs and objectives both in court and through negotiations.

Modifications to Child-Related Matters in Kendall County

Child support and child custody and visitation matters are some of the most commonly modified divorce matters. There are numerous situations in which changes to existing court orders will be indicated including:

  • Loss of income/job for one party;
  • Promotion or increase in income for one party;
  • Health-related matters;
  • Remarriage;
  • Danger to the child in current household;
  • Parental relocation; and
  • Death of a parent.

In some cases, the desires of older children to spend more time with one parent or to live with the other parent may also necessitate a post decree modification. When it comes to changing child custody or visitation arrangements, the court’s primary concern is the best interests of the child. Typically the court will not want to alter an arrangement that is working for the child, if possible, and will want a significant reason to grant a modification. If there are enforcement issues with the existing custody or visitation order, however, the court may step in an make changes.

Modifications to Alimony and Maintenance Orders

Alimony is intended to prevent a lesser earning spouse from unduly suffering from the divorce, but in most cases it is not intended to last forever. These days, most alimony orders are temporary and serve as a stopgap measure until the receiving spouse can become financially independent. If you feel like your spouse is able to maintain financial security with less or no alimony, you can petition for a modification to the alimony order. Our attorneys are experienced in representing clients in modifications to alimony orders and presenting strong factual cases on our client’s behalf. We are also skilled in defending against petitions to end or reduce alimony. Our clients' interests are always our top priority, and we provide strong advocacy in the service of your goals.

If you are in need of a post divorce modification or you would like to defend against a modification, contact us at  630-882-5668  to schedule a free consultation. One of our attorneys will meet with you and discuss your legal options. Our firm works with clients throughout Kendall County including Yorkville, Oswego, Plano, Plainfield, Plattville, and Newark.

Contact Us

NOTE: Fields with a * indicate a required field.
Goostree Law Group

Goostree Law Group

 555 S. Randall Road, Suite 200
St. Charles, IL 60174


 2100 Manchester Road, Suite 908
Wheaton, IL 60187


Our Illinois divorce attorneys represent clients in Kane County, DuPage County, Kendall County and DeKalb County, including Geneva, Batavia, St.Charles, Wayne, Wasco, Elburn, Virgil, Lily Lake, Aurora, North Aurora, Elgin, South Elgin, Bartlett, Crystal Lake, Gilberts, Millcreek, Maple Park, Kaneville, LaFox, Yorkville, Oswego, Plano, Sugar Grove, Big Rock, Bristol, Newark, DeKalb, Sycamore, Naperville, Wheaton, West Chicago, Winfield, Warrenville, Downers Grove, Lombard, Oak Brook, Streamwood, Hoffman Estates, Barrington, South Barrington, Lake Barrington, Schaumburg, Big Grove, Boulder Hill, Bristol, Joliet, Kendall, Lisbon, Minooka, Montgomery, Plainfield, Sandwich, Yorkville and many other cities.

© 2024 Goostree Law Group | 555 S. Randall Road, Suite 200, St. Charles, Illinois 60174 | 630-882-5668
Contact Us