Enforcement of Marital Settlement Agreements and …

Kendall County Enforcement Attorneys

Lawyers for Marital Settlement Agreements in Oswego and the Surrounding Communities

When a divorce is finalized, there is often a sense of relief that everything is settled and you can move forward with your life. Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for the terms of a marital settlement to be violated and for additional legal measures to be required. If the conditions set forth in a divorce decree are not being met, they can be addressed in court. At the Kendall County divorce law firm of Goostree Law Group, we are experienced in representing clients in cases involving enforcement of marital settlements and judgments. We carefully assess these situations and work closely with our clients to resolve enforcement matters as efficiently as possible.

Securing Child Support and Alimony in Kendall County

Financial settlements and judgments are often violated following a divorce. Whether a non-custodial parent is not paying child support as ordered or a former spouse is not making alimony payments, there are legal remedies. Our attorneys can help you recover the support payments you are entitled to under your divorce order. The Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) Division of Child Support Services (DCSS) helps enforce child support orders. They have a number of ways to compel child support payments including:

  • Seizing tax returns;
  • Seizing drivers’ licenses;
  • Seizing professional licenses; and
  • Seizing passports.

Filing a petition for contempt of court is also an option to enforce the terms (other than child support) of your divorce. If your complaint is validated and your spouse is found in contempt of court, enforcement could include wage garnishment or in some cases jail time. Our attorneys can assist you with filing for contempt. We also represent clients seeking to defend themselves against a contempt charge. In all cases, we strongly advocate for our clients’ interests and seek the most efficient resolution to the dispute.

Enforcement of Child Custody, Visitation and Property Division Orders

If your ex-spouse is not fulfilling the terms of a child custody or visitation order, you also have legal remedies. For example, if you are not allowed to see your child at your scheduled visitations, our attorneys can help you get relief. Likewise, if your former spouse fails to turn over assets apportioned to you in your divorce decree, we can help. Moving on after a divorce is far more challenging when your former spouse does not abide by the terms of your divorce decree. We understand how important it is to resolve these matters as soon as possible so that you can enjoy the next chapter of your life.

If your former spouse is not complying with the terms of your divorce order or you would like to defend yourself against such allegations, contact us at  630-882-5668  to schedule a free consultation to discuss the matter. We will examine your divorce order and discuss possible enforcement options. Our firm handles divorce matters throughout Northern Illinois, including Kendall County and the surrounding areas. 

Contact Us

NOTE: Fields with a * indicate a required field.
Goostree Law Group

Goostree Law Group

 555 S. Randall Road, Suite 200
St. Charles, IL 60174


 2100 Manchester Road, Suite 908
Wheaton, IL 60187


Our Illinois divorce attorneys represent clients in Kane County, DuPage County, Kendall County and DeKalb County, including Geneva, Batavia, St.Charles, Wayne, Wasco, Elburn, Virgil, Lily Lake, Aurora, North Aurora, Elgin, South Elgin, Bartlett, Crystal Lake, Gilberts, Millcreek, Maple Park, Kaneville, LaFox, Yorkville, Oswego, Plano, Sugar Grove, Big Rock, Bristol, Newark, DeKalb, Sycamore, Naperville, Wheaton, West Chicago, Winfield, Warrenville, Downers Grove, Lombard, Oak Brook, Streamwood, Hoffman Estates, Barrington, South Barrington, Lake Barrington, Schaumburg, Big Grove, Boulder Hill, Bristol, Joliet, Kendall, Lisbon, Minooka, Montgomery, Plainfield, Sandwich, Yorkville and many other cities.

© 2024 Goostree Law Group | 555 S. Randall Road, Suite 200, St. Charles, Illinois 60174 | 630-882-5668
Contact Us